10 reasons to use social media
Social media is becoming more and more important for anyone actively marketing their business. Yes, it can be time consuming but the rewards can be great, and when you’re starting out in business with limited funds there is a lot you can do yourself.
If you don’t have the time Catfish Web Design offers a range of digital marketing packages tailored for your specific needs.
If you don’t have the budget for a long term campaign, we offer one-to-one training to give you the know-how and confidence to go it alone.
When we build your website we will as a matter of course link out to your social media pages and add a ‘share widget’ so visitors can share your website content with their friends and followers. We can also provide you with a blog and integrate your Twitter or Facebook feed with the site.
Here are 10 benefits of using social media:
- Showcase your brand and build your company’s reputation.
- Increase your business exposure beyond your immediate geographical area – the world is your oyster.
- Build relationships with existing clients, potentials, prospects and followers allows you to create a community of loyal and active customers.
- Become a trusted source of information.
- Generate leads by specifically targeting Facebook, Twitter or Linkedin networks and maybe using paid advertising.
- Gain insight about your customers. If you want to find out more about your community, try Graph Search on Facebook e.g. ‘Favourite interests of people who like Catfish Web Design’.
- Expand sales by getting speedy access to feedback and discovering your customers’ needs, preferences and expectations.
- Keep an eye on your competitors. But remember they’re watching you too!
- Increase your ranking in the search engines by being active on your social media accounts. Google + is increasingly important. The more quality content you publish and the more it is shared, the more positively Google will regard you.
- Increased website traffic will result from your engagement with social media. But it’s important that when visitors arrive on your website they are not disappointed. Make sure it’s sending out the message that you want about your business, it’s up to date, clean, fresh, functional and optimised for mobile devices.