Challenging the competition for GenQA
Although long-established in the field of external quality assessment for laboratories, GenQA was aware that competitors were stealing a march on them.
The existing website had been developed in a hurry to accommodate the merging of two organisations and the client had never been happy with it. Their printed materials were also little ‘home spun’ and lacked impact.
The merger had resulted in a lack of clarity and mixed messaging, so we wanted to take GenQA back to the drawing board.
Laying the foundations
Our immediate impression was that GenQA had a clear idea of what it did but had yet to find a way to articulate this. We recommended a brainstorming workshop to extract the facts and information in order to clarify their ideas and deliver brand new thinking around their marketing potential.
The workshop would also make sure that the website showcased all the important unique brand positioning messaging right from the beginning. Establishing and articulating this point of difference becomes even more important when there is a similar competitor hot on your heels.
Content is king and we worked with GenQA to identify the best navigational structure for the new site and prepare copy for it, curating the site messaging from an independent perspective.
Once our client had a clear sense of how to present their business they would then, more easilly, be able to create marketing activities and actions that directly and proactively engaged with their all-important audiences.
Refining the brand
Out of the workshop came the decision to refine the brand and produce professional print collateral including stationery, business cards, information factsheets, posts and exhibition materials. The aim was consistency and clarity.
Website design and development
Some of the immediate recommendations we made were to:
- Add Google Analytics to get a view of visitor numbers, activity and trends.
- Consider the navigation and customer journey in order to help the visitor navigate to the information they are most interested in/in need of in two clicks or less.
- Clearly demonstrate GenQA's credibility and skillset on the website.
- Showcase the personal side of GenQA through ‘who you are’ profiles and ‘what you think’ blogs and articles.
- Show the process and benefits of the EQAs in both primary and secondary positions.
- Give the home page more impact with strong imagery, clear entry points to important areas of the site and engaging statistics.
- Installing our easy to use content management system so that the client was able to update the site inhouse.
The new website launched in September 2020 illustrates and confirms the quality assured service GenQA provides to the international Genomic community.
Visit the website at https://genqa.org