Questions to ask your web designer before you sign on the dotted line.
Choosing a web designer can be a difficult, particularly if you have not been through the process before. Here are some questions to help you make the right decision.
- Can I see some examples of your recent work?
- Can you design and build a website within my budget?
- Are there likely to be any other costs involved?
- Do you use off the shelf templates, or will you be building me a bespoke website?
- Will you build the website yourself or outsource the work?
- Who will be my point of contact during the project?
- Can you simply adjust my existing website or do I need to start again?
- Can you tell me a bit about the process and the timescales involved?
- What will I need to provide before you can start work – content, photos etc.?
- What other services do you offer e.g. logo design, copy writing, search engine optimisation, social media, marketing, photography, video?
- Are your websites responsive for mobile devices?
- Will you include search engine optimisation when you build my website?
- Are you able to build an online shop or provide other functionality like galleries, blogs, news systems, password protected member areas, event booking?
- Will my website be secure?
- Can you recommend a good hosting company?
- How do I can keep my website up to date? Will I get instructions or can you offer training?
- If I don’t have time to update the website myself, can you do it for me?
- Are there ongoing monthly/annual fees, or do I own the website outright?
If you'd like to ask us these questions, please get in touch with Jane at firstname.lastname@example.org