Our favourite marketing podcasts
Although podcasts have been around for a while now, the last couple of years have seen a surge in the quantity and variety of subjects available. Unfortunately this can make it exceedingly difficult to find a podcast you enjoy, with some topics being over saturated, and others still a little sparse.
Luckily we’ve taken some of the hard work out for you if you’re looking for a marketing themed ‘cast! Of course, we came across some which we turned off after 5 minutes, unable to stand another moment of the host talking, but we won’t mention those ones - just because they weren’t our cup of tea doesn’t mean we should bash them!
So, without further ado, our favourites…
Everyone Hates Marketers
- Louis Grenier, ‘no-fluff marketer’
- Interviews with marketing professionals, content creators, SEOs, consultants
- Straightforward and honest, good practice for marketing
- Helping companies stay away from ‘shady’ marketing techniques
- Does have some swearing, so maybe use headphones!
Small and Mighty Conversations
- Is done in ‘seasons’, Season 3 recently started
- UK based
- A variety of guests, from creative start-up entrepreneurs to industry experts
- Not solely marketing, but also about business development and growth
Socialette: Bite-Sized Online Marketing
- 5-10 minutes long, easy to digest
- Great if you’re short on time
- Tips, tactics and insight from a marketing professional, helping small business owners to stop just learning and start doing!
Exposure Ninja Digital Marketing Podcast
- Notts based marketing company
- Interviews with industry experts and thought leaders in SEO, PPC, conversion, websites, and more
- Informative and not too jargon-y
- Run by SEMRush, a popular marketing analytics and online visibility website
- The latest digital marketing news, interviews with leading marketing minds, and more
- Around 30 minutes long, easily digestible
- Can sometimes feel a little crowded if they have a few guests on at once!
The Marketing Meetup Podcast
- By Joe Glover of Marketing Meetup fame, and a Cambridge local!
- Great for if you can’t make it to your closest Marketing Meetup (although we recommend trying to go along to one if you can, a great atmosphere and always interesting!)
- Recorded talks, interviews, and discussions from the popular Marketing Meetups
Personal recommendation (non-marketing) - Welcome to Night Vale
- Surreal fictional radio show based in the desert town of Night Vale. Interesting and humorous, with a Twin Peaks/Twilight Zone vibe.
At the end of the day, one podcast doesn’t fit all - you’ve just got to listen and see! Once you’ve caught the podcast bug however, you’ll be listening nonstop.
Article by Eden Jefford
Digital Marketing Assistant